Lawn and Garden Month-Get Your Yard Ready for SummerApril 27, 2022
Reclaim Your Backyard – 5-month Mosquito BarrierJune 1, 2022
Landscape edging can be used to give your lawn a perfect manicured appearance without you needing to spend a lot of money. There are many benefits of adding this type of landscaping around homes and commercial spaces, including increased curb appeal. It can help you to create a clean yard without the hassle. No more messy, wild beds or unkempt pathways! There are many different options, but the basic functionality remains the same—all you have to do is find one that will best suit what you’re looking for in terms of design and function!
Landscape edging benefits
Landscape edging is a simple yet effective way to transform your yard. Edgings create defined areas for mulch, flower beds, and plants. It’s an affordable project that will help you prevent the unwanted spread of grass while making mowing easier. It can save you time on trimming, weeding, and cleaning up mulch or stone. Edging also improves your home and landscape’s curb appeal.
Landscape edging types
There are many landscape edging options available to you that can help perfect your landscape, and our outdoor specialists in Metro Omaha can install the edging option you choose!
- Wood: Wood edging is a versatile and natural addition to your landscape. It can be installed with ease in straight or curved lines as well as circles. There are many styles, ranging from natural finish timbers to decorative fence versions that will suit any taste! Options like half-logs or logs can be pressure-treated against termites and fungus/rot which means they will continue to look beautiful for years. Railway ties are popular with larger areas of landscaping needing support and stability.
- Brick, stone, or concrete: These landscape edging options can add a more formal appearance to your property. The variety of colors, sizes, and shapes available means that you can create an eye-catching pattern that will look great and last for years! Precast materials are available in sawtooth or zigzag patterns, and some types of concrete blocks allow you to create gap-free curves.
- Metal: Metal landscape edging is a durable and long lasting material for your commercial landscapes that can help maintain your manicured flower beds and lawn. Some types of metal can be found in manageable lengths or flexible designs that make it easy to install contours or curves for various landscape styles!
- Plastic: If you want to keep your garden looking neat and orderly, no-dig plastic edging is a great option. It’s easy to install because spikes hold it in place without any need for digging up dirt. The options for plastic are available in rolls or decorative fences, making them versatile enough to fit any situation!
- Natural edging: The “Victorian Trench” is an excellent tool for holding back the lawn without being too much of a distraction in your garden. You will end up with a neat and straight trench on the lawn side, which slopes upward at an angle towards its border. Mulch around this new edge to cover up any exposed soil or roots in order for it to look spiffy but still !
Landscape edging maintenance
To maintain your edging, it’s necessary that any weeds or grass be kept at bay with such as spades, hoes, or electric trimmers. Maintaining the edges of your space isn’t always easy, but taking the time to maintain your space can help avoid major problems down the road. If you need help maintaining your outdoor space, SunCo can help with our weekly, monthly, and custom maintenance plans. Remember, a neat and tidy lawn is one of the best things you can do for your property!
If you’re looking for ways to enhance your landscape, consider investing in some quality edging. Visit a garden center to see your edging options in person. When you’re ready to install landscape edging, schedule a consultation with SunCo online or give us a call at (402) 972.8603! Our outdoor specialists are here to help you inspire outdoor envy in Omaha!