Spring is here but there’s still a bit of a chill in the air!May 11, 2015
Happy Arbor Day from SunCo!
Arbor Day is near and dear to the people of Nebraska, as we are the Arbor State.
Here are some helpful tips from Mike at SunCo on planting a tree:
- When planting a tree, you will want to start by overdigging your hole by about 6″ in all directions to ensure that the soil is loose and its roots can grow.
- For Evergreen trees, the base of the trunk should be placed 3-5″ above the original soil surface.
- For Deciduous trees, the base should be planted with the trunk 1-2″ above the original soil surface.
- You can add root stimulator to the soil, though it’s not required.
- Be sure to water, water, water!